Thursday, January 29, 2009

Recipe Swap Friday

It's recipe swap Friday over at Grocery Cart Challenge. I decided to post a recipe I actually made up for an Asian pasta salad. I have never measured anything out so any measurements are actually "guesstimates". You may need to tweak to your taste.


Asian Pasta Salad
16 oz cooked pasta (any kind is fine)
1/2 cup shredded carrot
3-6 sliced green onions
1 cup sweet peas
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 package crushed up ramen noodles

Dressing:
1 1/2 cups oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 packet ramen noodle seasoning

Mix together pasta and veggies in a large bowl. (You can add any veggies you want, the ones listed are the ones I usually have on hand.) Mix in most of the dressing to coat noodles. Add ramen noodles (uncooked) and almond slices right before you serve. Add the remainder of the dressing. Toss everything to coat.

This salad has a sweet and mild flavored. I made this up when I was looking for a last minute salad to take to my in-laws at Christmas. (Yes, I knew ahead that I was to take salad. However my dear hubby was the one shopping and decided we didn't need some of the things on my list - namely the broccoli - which was for a broccoli salad I was supposed to take. So ........I had to improvise.)

No comments: