Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

This weekend has been awesome! Yesterday I picked up our Angel Food. The opportunity that we have to get this food saves us so much money, especially now that we are actually trying to stick to a budget. I did buy a 12 pack of beer today (which will probably last us several months), a jar of sliced pickles, and a bag of buns. My total was $13.16, which leaves us with $18.98 for the month. I'm confident that we will make our budget this month, but I'm not sure we would if we didn't have a stocked freezer.


Here is a picture of one of the boxes of food we recieved. We actually ordered a box of produce too, but I put the items away before I took the picture.




After picking up Angel Food my husband and I went shopping for curtain rods for the living room. Luckily my mom watched April for us so we didn't have to worry about her getting impatient and grouchy. We found curtain rods at Lowes for $25 each. AND we splurged and went out for supper!! Which I did feel a little guilty about - but it was well deserved since we hadn't gone out for so long.


Today we had church, which was awesome because my childhood friend, Lana & her kids, came up and went to church with us. After church we did go to Burger King so the kids could play and we could catch-up. Lana & I have been friends since I don't know when. We grew up together and I can't imagine my life without her having a place in it. We don't talk frequently, but it's one of those friendships that we can not talk for months and then pick up exactly where we left off when we do - as though no time has passed at all.


When I got home from church I found that my husband had gone to Younkers and picked up a new knife set (which we desperately needed) for $48 - regularly $170!!! How awesome is that?!?!


My appointment at UNMC is only about 10 days away!!! I can't wait - I really hope they find what is wrong with me. Please say a prayer for me!!

No comments: