Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Monthly Budget - update

After some serious thought I have determined that it will be much easier for me to track our food budget monthly instead of weekly. The reason? Because we often buy Angel Food and it is $30 for the regular box and we often purchase more than one box. So - I will need to budget $120 for a month (4 weeks) instead of as $30 a week. Ultimately it all works out the same.



Tonight we had leftover vegetable soup. Since Layne didn't want that (he's not much for soup usually) he made himself 2 poached eggs on top of a bagel (?!?!?). He used the last of the eggs and we have less than half a gallon of milk, I'm hoping I can get it to last till Friday.



I have two goals for this weekend. 1 is to go through my coupons and toss any that have expired and use any that I really need that are about to expire. 2 is go through the freezer, cupboards, and refrigerator and make an inventory list so I know where I stand on all the staples. Then I can make a meal plan for the next week or two based off of the inventory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so excited about this, but there isn't one anywhere in Arizona, and there's no one in South Dakota either. =( What a great deal that is!

Liz said...

cq4fun - I know a church in Elk Point that is doing it - but is not listed on the website. I don't know where you are located, so not sure if that would work or not. If it would work for you email me lizandersonwood@yahoo.com and I can give you the info. :)