Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Things we do to look good

Tonight I tanned for the first time in 3 years. I used to work at a tanning salon part time to help earn money to pay for our wedding. One perk was that you could tan before/after your shift for free and if you worked 5 times or more a month you could tan all month for free. Needless to say I had the most amazing tanned body - and I was thin. Oh how I miss that!!

Since I recently started getting on the treadmill I decided I should see how many minutes I still have on my account at the local salon so I can get a little thinner and a little tanner. Now I know that there is a lot of controversy about tanning beds. But I'm not going to debate that and I am asking that anyone who opposes it keep their opinions to themselves. I don't intend to be a tan bed worshipping person - I just want a little color. Besides tanned fat looks better that white fat. : )

Another thing I am trying to do is drink more water. I am terribly addicted to diet coke. It is my main source of caffeine - that said I typically drink 2-3 cans of soda a day.

Tip: I have had a problem with acne since I was in my early 20's. As you know the products are pretty spendy and adds up quickly. I was looking for more affordable, less chemical options. And came across this tip on using Witch Hazel for your facial astringent. It doesn't contain alcohol which is a great bonus because I hate how alcohol dries my skin out. If you page down till you come across to January 24, 2008. Gayle has got some great tips that are very affordable.

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Hi Liz :) Just wanted to let you know that I just gave you an award over on my blog :) I hope you're doing well!

Liz said...

Yay for me! Thanks, Miriam!