Thursday, January 8, 2009

80's Flashback

Guess what I did tonight?? I got my groove on skating in circles around the local skating rink. I have to admit I didn't do too badly. Especially considering that I was holding hands with a 6-year old who has only been skating 2 other times and is still a bit clumsy. We did fall once - and I kind of landed with my hand down and jammed my wrist. It didn't hurt, but I was excited thinking I had perhaps been lucky enough to cause my ganglion cyst to burst. But all that excitement was short live when I felt that bulging bump on the top of my wrist. (Ryan - once it gets a little bigger I think I will take you up on your offer to slam something hard down on my wrist to pop and avoid surgery some time later if it keeps growing.) We did have a good time though - I was kind of hoping to go around a couple times by myself just to see how good I really was, but I didn't get the chance. The funniest part was that I swear they still were playing the same music that they played when I was younger and went skating. Maybe I'd skate really good if I wore my golfing outfit. (Ryan - hope you don't mind!)

Tonight was a quick supper. We had cod nuggets and french fries, both were in our freezer so still no need to buy anything. : ) We still have enough milk to get us through breakfast tomorrow so we are in good shape. I did write a check for Angel Food later in the month. The total was $51 for the regular box and the produce box. So we still have $69 left in our monthly account - which actually doesn't seem like much considering it is only the 8th of January. Yikes! But I know we can do it since we have a good stock of food right now to work with.
Today's tip: Getting tired of a piece of furniture or do you have some clothes in your closet that just don't fit right but are practically new? Do your kids have some toys that are in great shape that they don't play with any longer? Try to sell the items. Many times local papers will allow you to sell items under a certain dollar amount for free. Or you can post it online if your city has a BUY_SELL_TRADE group through Yahoo. These are great ways to sell your items and get a few bucks for them. We recently sold a few pieces of furniture and now have money to buy some nice decorations for our home (which we desperately need). All you have to do is sign up through Yahoo. You only buy, sell when you want to. No need to worry about having an account that goes "inactive". Try it out!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to love skating! Every Saturday in my childhood years. Love the picture you posted. Cute!

It sounds like your budget is going like mine. What is it about January that causes the money to all disappear the first week????