Sunday, September 14, 2008

Where did the weekend go?

I can't believe the weekend is almost over already. They go so fast!!

Remember a couple days ago I was ranting about clutter in my house? Well yesterday I started working on clearing some of it out. I went through several drawers and cupboards in the kitchen and got rid of quite a few things. I can now easily find the gadgets that I forgot I had because they were buried underneath other gadgets, some of the things I had multiples of! Finally parted with some cookie cutters and other things that I didn't use simply cause they were difficult to use or I didn't like them. I was holding onto them "just in case...". I figure if I do some each day it will definitely help out. I also went to http://www.flylady.net/ and signed up for their emails. This website was designed with the goal of helping people conquer clutter and become more organized. I was signed up about a year ago for their emails but really lacked follow-thru.

Last night we also had a wedding that we went to, for my cousin. It was a beautiful wedding and was it was great to see all the family. Many in the extended family who I haven't seen literally in years. It was a very late night getting home and I am exhausted today from it. We are not used to staying out late! And there was no sleeping in since I had church this morning. Guess I'll have to get to bed early tonight!!

Tip of the Day: Did you know that you don't need to add a full dryer sheet to each load for it to do the job? To get the most out of your money cut the sheets in half and use only a half for each load. If you do this right when you get home from the store then you don't need to worry about forgetting and using full sheets just because you don't feel like going and getting the scissors!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I do the dryer sheet thing, too. In fact... :P I hardly use dryer sheets in the dryer anymore. Some things (like the sheets/towels) will get some static, but most everything else seems fine without them. I do use them occasionally, though. I hardly use the dryer in the summer, and hope to not use it too much this winter, either. Since I'll be home I'll be able to get the clothes out early enough that they will "cold dry". As always, love your blog :)