Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary?

Today was the 8th wedding anniversary for my husband and I. The original plan was to go out for a nice dinner, a rare treat. You know what they say, plans are made to be broken. Right?

About 1:30 this afternoon I get a call from the school that April is sick and needs to be picked up. I left work to go get her. When I got to the school she was laying down and did look a little sick and pale. I took her home and she changed into pajamas. I put on cartoons and suggested we take a nap. Well, I fell asleep and woke up to her climbing on metal circular staircase like some kind of monkey. Yeah, real sick.

Then we had some family business that came up (on my side of the family) and needed to be addressed. So I spent about 2-3 hours on the phone trying to help get it all taken care of.

Our anniversary supper? A $4 burrito from some little shop that just opened a week ago. Oh well. At least I didn't have to cook!

Unfortunately I don't have a tip prepared for this evening. To be completely honest I wasn't even planning on getting on the computer tonight. Tomorrow night I will have 2 tips. Promise!

3 comments:

Miriam said...

sorry your plans got "un-planned" for you :( Maybe you can take a rain-check on the nice date with hubby :)

Anonymous said...

Best laid plans . . . but I'm sure you'll make it up later. Not having to cook is big. =)

Miriam said...

I tagged you! Check out my blog for the info:)