Friday, April 17, 2009

What do you do when you don't have a cotton ball? You improvise!

A couple days ago after I had showered I was looking for a cotton ball to apply my witch hazel & tea tree oil concoction on my face. As fate would have it I was out of cotton balls! What’s a girl to do when she needs a cotton ball & there are none around?

I’ll tell you what I did. I got a sock out of my husband’s stash that had seen better days. I cut it into sections. Voila! I just created re-usable “cotton balls”. I’m sure someone before me has done this; I just haven’t read about it. : )

One of the good things about not having to buy more cotton balls is that it is now an expense I can avoid. Not that they cost much, but hey every little bit helps.

Another good thing is that it has to be better for the environment than all those cotton balls at the landfills. Of course they don’t take up much room, but I wonder how long they “hang around”?

The third good thing is that since you really don’t have to be careful when you launder them. Of course if you have a sensitive face you may wish to launder them with your delicates. (Oooh, delicates. Doesn’t that make me sound sophisticated?!?!)
Have a Super Friday!!!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

LOL @ "delicates" :) When I used lotions and potions on my face and needed cotton balls, I often just used the corner of a clean washcloth, then used it the next time I showered. Your idea is cooler, though :P