Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Careful with the weights!

So I over-did it Monday night with the weights. I lifted dumbbells over my head, you know, trying to tone & strengthen my arms. Well that backfired. Yesterday I started get pain & stiffness in my right upper arm, shoulder, & neck area. I ended up in Urgent Care last night to get a trigger point shot in my shoulder. It’s been about 18 hours since the shot & I am feeling better. I think I’ll stick to the treadmill & give up weights for a while!

I’m having a bit of struggle right now with eating. Nothing sounds good & cooking sounds like way too much work. I really don’t even WANT to eat anything. I know part of it is the medication I am on. The pharmacist told me that I would feel this way & to force myself to at least eat something every few hours. So I have been doing that.

Breakfast is usually either a piece of 12-grain toast with peanut butter or a bowl of raisin bran cereal. Lunch is a yogurt & maybe an apple or a hard-boiled egg with a couple slices of deli meat. Dinner is whatever the family wants. I try to make sure that I have veggies & protein throughout the day. I can honestly say that at this point French fries are not even the least bit appealing to me. : ) For now anyway!

No comments: