Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weekend Notes

This weekend was actually very productive. We painted our spare room, which is going to be April’s room shortly. We do still need to do a few things to it such as replace the ceiling fan, etc. I did ALL the laundry that we had – which is tons since Layne & I go through about 2 outfits each every day (work clothes & exercise clothes). All the dishes are done & put away.

Now is the hard part though. The room we are moving April to was our catch-all room. If something didn’t really have a place that’s where it went. We also had our computers in there, along with our digital camera & movie camera. It was also home to about 100 books that I have. We will go through these things & organize them & put them in April’s current room, which will be our office area.

But until we get the rooms done we have stuff everywhere – in our dining room, hallway by the bathroom, etc. It’s a big cluttered mess & it’s driving me nuts! I have been a pack rat for as long as I can remember. It’s very hard for me to part with “stuff” cause I think I’m going to need it someday or because someone special gave it to me. I need to work on that & just get rid of things that I haven’t needed in the last 6-12 months. Some things I acquire because I think someday I’ll do this or April would like to do this someday. I need to get over that mentality & just pitch things. I think getting rid of the stuff would probably actually be somewhat therapeutic.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I will make you a deal. I will make your meal plans if you come reorganize our rooms! hahahaha :)

Congrats on your weight loss....the pictures look great---keep up the good work!! :)