Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Last Friday was my birthday. Woo hoo! My husband & I took the day off from our jobs. We were having a BBQ at his parent’s house Friday night to celebrate his brother’s 40th birthday - & kind of my birthday, along with his brother’s girlfriend. The day was pretty nice; it was quite humid – but not unbearable. We actually played badminton for a while which was pretty fun – let me add that I kind of suck at it. : )

I need to mention that I am not a fan of BBQ. Smoked & BBQ’d food doesn’t really agree with me (just ask Ryan, Angie, Layne, or my mom). BBQ for me guarantees a gut bomb later! So needless to say BBQ would not have been my choice for a birthday supper – but then again no one asked me. Just to add fuel to the fire my husband decided he should probably try experimenting & making his own BBQ sauces. So on my b-day I also had a sink full of disgusting ketchup smelling bowls. (Have I ever mentioned how much I hate ketchup?? If you ever want to make me gag give me a bowl of ketchup – or could make me clean dog crap or dog yak. Trust me, I get the heaves every time!!)

It was nice to spend time with everyone though. And lucky for me, one of sisters-in-law made a great salad with corn, avocado, tomato, & cilantro. It was awesome – and it was the only thing that I really ate.

April was really cute. She was so excited about my birthday. And when my mom took her shopping she picked out this really beautiful statuette for me of a man, woman, & child.
Maybe next year will be better……: )

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Yikes! Sorry the food didn't agree with you but happy belated birthday anyway :)