Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Holy Smokes How Did That Happen???

06/15/09 HY VEE 1610 $30.79

06/15/09 HY VEE 1610 $40.36

06/12/09 HY VEE 1610 $50.99

06/12/09 HY VEE 1610 $60.79

I checked our bank statement online last night and saw the above purchases totaling $182.93 and about passed out. I don’t remember us ever spending that hardly in an entire month, let alone in a matter of 3 days!!

I attribute it to not having a menu made out. It’s hard to make a menu when nothing sounds good. So last week we made a lot of spontaneous recipes which required trips to the store. Of course if I didn’t have a list to follow either, so I’d up things that looked good. And in all fairness I did get $20 cash back on 2 of the transactions.
After seeing that I told Layne that we HAVE to make up menus together to avoid having this happen again. Tonight we are making Vietnamese Pork Rolls - mainly because we have all the ingredients & the recipe looks pretty easy.

I talk a lot about menu planning & I really do have good intentions. I guess I need inspiration & ideas. I don't know if any of you read Miriam's comment last week on Menu Planning. But she gave a great website to check out. It's www.supercook.com. I have dabbled in it a little bit & think it could be very useful if a person kept it updated with the ingredients they have on hand. I'm going to put my info in this weekend and use it to plan my menu for next week.

No comments: