Thursday, June 4, 2009

Grocery Shopping Success!

( I admit the picture isn't that great. But my 7-year old daughter took it - so I figure it's pretty good considering.....)

Last night I made a trip to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. I was pretty happy with my trip. Here’s what I got:

1 – pkg Kashi blueberry waffles
1 – pkg Bagel-fuls
1 – 100 calorie pack of cookies
1 – pkg Nabisco graham crackers
1 – pkg of Triscuit crackers
1 – pkg Ritz Bits
1 – pkg turkey bacon
1 – Blue Bunny ice cream snack
1 – pkg Yo-plus cherry yogurt
2 – pkg. Crystal Light
1 – 12 pack string cheese
1 – jar of Mayo
2 – 4-packs of Fiber One yogurt
2 – single serving cups of Mac & Cheese
2 – single serving cups of Shells & Cheese
1 – 3-pack anti-itch Aveeno bath salts
1 – Coffemate creamer
1 – Kraft BBQ Sauce
1 – French’s mustard
1 – box of Kleenex
1 – pkg paper plates
1 – 4-pack Cottonelle tissue
1 – gallon milk
2 – 2-liters of Coke
2 – 2-liters of Diet Coke
1 – 18 lb. bag of Purina Dog Food

Total before coupons: $65.39
Total after coupons: $39.48 (!!!)

How awesome is that??? Several items I ended up getting for free or next to nothing. The big purchase was the dog food, even with a coupon I spent about $10 of the total purchase on that. Darn dogs anyway!! ; )

2 comments:

Miriam said...

You saved 40%!! That's great!! What's your method (if you want to call it that) for couponing? Just curious :)

Liz said...

I came across this blog that lists Walmart deals & links to coupons. (http://www.dealseekingmom.com/walmart/) I copied the Wal-mart list into a Word doc. I went through the list & deleted the items I didn't have coupons for or definitely wouldn't use. Then I went through my coupons & organized them in the order in which I would find them in the store to make it easier to find everything.