Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Menu planning

This weekend I felt like all I did was eat. I didn’t eat large amounts of any certain thing, and didn’t really eat any “banned” foods – except maybe a bite to try something. So now that I haven’t been able to make up a menu plan for week because nothing sounds remotely good!

Of course when I walk in the door from work the first words I hear are “what’s for supper?” And any suggestions I give are met with “that doesn’t even sound good”. What’s a girl to do??? Part of me wants to tell him that the evenings he gets home before me he should make supper. But then I know I’ll be eating something gross like “Chicken A La King” from a can. YUCK!

I think that I need a new routine for planning menus. I have been trying to make menus using what I have on hand, which is fine. But it seems that we always have the same meats, etc on hand so our menu gets very routine.

What I am going to try to do is plan my menu, and then shop or see what I have on hand to fit the menu instead of planning the menu to fit what I have already.
I need some inspiration!!! How do you go about planning your menu???

4 comments:

Miriam said...

I'm afraid I'm not much help... I've been in menu-planning-blahness the past couple weeks myself!

Here is a site that might help you, though :) www.supercook.com You type in ingredients that you have already and it picks recipes to go with! I used it the other night and it was really fun! You could use ingredients that you want to try, too.

Liz said...

Cool! I'll check that website out. Anything has got to be better than what I'm doing now!! Thanks!

Tater said...

This would be great place to start. http://orgjunkie.com/menu-plan-monday

I have fallen out of the MP habit but I used to go here and see what other women were doing. Sometimes I even just stole their plan!

It really helped me to have my husband help so he couldn't say the meal didn't sound good. Sorry honey but you helped pick it!

Liz said...

That's a great idea too! See, I knew I could count on you guys for help!!!