Monday, February 23, 2009

Disasterous Supper

Tonight we were supposed to have leftover steaks, potatoes, & peas for supper. However I spent most of the day freezing my rear off (oh, wait - it's still there. Darn!) so by the time I got off work I wanted nothing more than a nice warm bowl of lentil soup. When I got home I cut up the onions, carrots, & celery. I sauteed them in the pan and added some broth and the lentils. Everything was going terrific. I brought the lentils up to a rapid bowl to cook them quickly - well, somewhat quickly. I fixed a small salad to eat while the lentils cooked. Of course Layne & April were going to have no part of lentil soup so Layne had the leftover steaks & April had cereal. When I finished my salad I put my dirty dishes in the sink and lifted the lid to my lovely lentils to give them a stir. Only to notice a burnt smell coming from them and my spoon hitting burnt bottom. They boiled dry and burned in the time it took me to eat the salad. I was so disappointed that I almost cried, seriously. So instead I had a bowl of oatmeal with raisins, still good and warm. But sadly disappointing since I wanted lentils.

So tomorrow night we will have tuna melts............... and lentil soup. I have to try again - you know how it is!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Uggh, I saw your post title and I felt right there with ya!! No burnt food here, but what a crazy day today was.