Thursday, May 21, 2009

Summer? Yuck!!

Yesterday it was very hot here – and very windy. I don’t like hot. Seriously. It’s one of my weird things. I’d rather have it a bit on the cold side. I really don't do well in heat. It was in the 90’s…. and summer is just beginning. Ugh.

These are 10 reasons why I don’t like summer:

1. No matter how much clothing I’m wearing - it’s always too much.

2. There are people (particularly women) who think they are much thinner than what they are and wear clothing that is very…. Well, small. Yuck.

3. If I wear makeup it literally melts off my face.

4. My hair gets really frizzy – like those pictures you see of Einstein or something.

5. Seeing people’s veins through their legs really isn’t a good look. And I do have a small patch of spider veins – so I am one of those people.

6. I sweat – a lot. I don’t like to sweat unless there is a good reason for it. A person shouldn’t sweat if they are just sitting around.

7. Sometimes the heat is so heavy that I can’t breathe. I swear this is true. I’ve even considered getting an oxygen tank to help me with this.

8. No matter how much I blot my face I still look like I rub Crisco on it daily.

9. I have ugly feet. Like seriously ugly. I love flip-flops & I wear them religiously during the summer. But I feel kind of bad for exposing “hobbit feet” to everyone around me!

10. The sun is very bright and blinds me. (I had Lasik surgery about 6 years ago and my eyes are very sensitive to light now.) I always wear sunglasses but sometimes it doesn’t help. And honestly I don’t have the money for a Seeing Eye dog. Do they rent those out for such occasions?

Okay - actually I have 11 reasons.

11. I am a hairy person by nature (Boy did I get screwed in the gene department! "I'm short, I'm hairy, and I sweat a lot" - my cousin Brookann knows what I'm talking about!) A lot of hair means a lot of shaving. And I hate to admit this, but..... if I don't use a good razor I swear I have 5 o'clock shadow on my legs.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

You are more than welcome to come hang out in Canada for a while :) We haven't even made it past 70 degrees yet!