Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spring Cleaning Recipes

This time of year everyone starts to get spring fever. We've been cooped up in the house for a few months while the snow and temperatures continued to drop. Now that we've actually had a few days with the temps above 32 we start to get antsy and want it to get warmer. I personally have spring fever (although I don't look forward to the heat & humidity of the midwest summers). I want to be able to open the windows and let some fresh air in.

Still, while it's not warm enough to do that now there are things I can do to start getting ready for the cleaning rituals of spring. I can get my cleaners made and have them on standby. For each of these cleaners make sure you have a clean spray bottle. I also suggest marking on the bottle what the ingredients are so you don't accidentally add something that could cause a chemical reaction.

These cleaning solutions are incredibly easy to make and are very budget-friendly. The best part is that you know what is in them and there aren't a bunch of crazy chemicals!

Floor/Woodwork Cleaner
1/2 c. ammonia
1/3 c. vinegar
2 Tbsp baking soda
1 gallon water

Multipurpose Cleaning Solution
2 c. rubbing alcohol
1 Tbsp ammonia
1 Tbsp dish soap
2 qt water

Furniture Polish
Combine 1 part lemon juice with 2 parts vegetable oil (How easy is that?!?!)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I just passed an award on to you :) Go to my blog for details

Elizabeth said...

Oooh thanks!

Elizabeth said...

I have a lot of low carb recipes I could email you if you're interested. We used to be on the South Beach Diet. That recipe would be REALLY good on top of a cabbage stirfry too if you like cabbage. But it's so yummy by itself too. I don't always eat the rice :)

Liz said...

Elizabeth, I would love that!! My email address is lizandersonwood@yahoo.com.
Thanks!