Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm waiting for it to fall off.......

This week has consisted of nothing. I mean, there's been stuff. But nothing exciting. Not that it is bad to have nothing exciting. It's just sometimes we could use a little more excitement. I am really looking forward to this weekend though. I am going scrapbooking Saturday with a my friend, Angela. I can't wait! I have scrapbooked since October and when I went did then it was to make a baby album for my friend who had the baby back in November. And before I guess I don't remember when it was that I actually worked on MY albums. So it's a rare treat for me to get to do this. I am very excited.

The 'diet' is going well. I haven't had a single potato, noodle, grain of rice, or pastry of any type since last Thursday. And I have been on the treadmill 3 nights this week so far. I have lost 4 pounds so far. Which is really good. The doctor has said it would be good to follow something along the lines of the "South Beach Diet". So that's kind of what I've been using as a guideline. According to that book I could lose anywhere from 7-13 pounds. Which would be awesome. I am one of those people who needs quick results or I can't stick with it. The words the doctor used was that if I "follow this diet the weight will just fall off" I keep expecting to look behind me an see a butt cheek laying on the ground. : )

2 comments:

Miriam said...

I think we should've traded parts of our week this week... it would've made things a little more even keel. Gee, I've been away from the house EVERY STINKIN' EVENING THIS WEEK!! Not to mention that I went grocery shopping yesterday morning (which took most of the day), then in the afternoon ended up riding along with Daniel to run some other errends. I told him I'm not going ANYWHERE tomorrow. I have to do this whole wedding cake thing, and the last cake is baking now. Only b/c one layer totally busted into all kinds of pieces when it was cooling. I hope you have a wonderful wknd!!!!

Miriam said...

PS - Thanks for your prayers on our house thing.