Sunday, December 21, 2008

Whirlpools and bananas.....

This was the best weekend ever! Saturday I cleaned the kitchen and dining room. It looks so nice. I've been tossing or giving away lots of stuff to free up some space. I don't know why I hold on to so much junk!! Anyway, the kitchen and dining room were spotless - which was a great feeling.

Saturday night my husband & I had a little get-a-way at a local hotel. We had a whirlpool suite, which was wonderful. After we checked in & took our bags up to our room we decided to go gamble a little to pass some time. Let me just tell you I am not a gambler. I will put in a dollar and try to finish as soon as possible. Yesterday must have been my lucky day. I put in a total of $3 in 2 different machines and won $55. How awesome is that!!! I think we were there for about 10 minutes before I won, then we left right away & went back to the hotel. We sat in the whirlpool and watched movies. It was so relaxing!

Today we picked up our December Angel Food package. As I was putting things away I noticed that we didn't have room for some of the items - my husband received a ham last week and a turkey the week of Thanksgiving from his work - so those items are taking up a lot of room in our little chest freezer. I had some bananas in there so I decided to use them up instead of wasting them. I made a loaf of banana bread and 1 1/2 dozen muffins for our breakfasts/snacks this week. Yum!! I used new recipes, the bread recipe uses sour cream. We haven't tried them yet, but if they are good I will post the recipes.

Today's tip: Do you have fruit that is ripe and may go bad before you can use it? Pop it in the freezer to use later in breads, muffins, or desserts. You can do this with any fruit, except for citrus fruit. It's a great way to stretch your dollar and not waste food!

No comments: