Wednesday, December 17, 2008

13 things you may or may not know about me

1. I love lists. Ask my husband - he thinks it's crazy and makes fun of it. I don't know why I love them. I just do. I have lists in probably about every notebook in the house, on my desk at work, scribbled on papers in my purses. I sometimes make lists just for the sake of making lists. I like the way they look.

2. I love and collect old books. My prized possession is a 1st English edition of 'Les Miserables' that I picked up at a yard sale 12 years ago (approximately) for a quarter.

3. I like the art made by Michael Parkes. It's dark but hopeful. We have 2 of his prints framed in our house - 'Gargoyles' and 'Rock Dove'. You can see his work at www.michaelparkes.com.

4. One of my favorite bands is Aerosmith.

5. I love to play Guitar Hero - and I hate to brag, but I am pretty darn good. (Unfortunately we don't own this so I can only play when we go to my brother-in-law's house.

6. My favorite food is sauerkraut. Honestly, I love it so much that sometimes I sip on the juice. I know that may gross many people out - but it is really THAT good.

7. I am that student that sits in front of the class and raises there hand all the time to answer the questions. Yes, I am a bit of a nerd.

8. I am addicted to reading books and websites that give tips about organizing your home, but for some reason I can't accomplish it myself. I am a pack-rat and hate it, but can't seem to get over that. Is there a 12-step program or support group for people like this???

9. I love musicals and stupid-comedy type shows. My favorite all-time musical is 'Sound of Music'. I watch it every year around New Years. My favorite comedies are 'Spaceballs', 'Weather Man', 'Napoleon Dynamite', and I'm sure countless others that I'm forgetting about.

10. I hate watching tv. Once Layne went out of town on a fishing trip for over a week (don't remember exactly how long cause it was 8-10 years ago) and when Layne came home the tv was still on ESPN because I hadn't even turned it on while he was gone. I really would love to get rid of the tv altogether. Don't need it. It turns your brain to mush.

11. I am a news junkie. I crave news. My honest-to-goodness favorite magazine is 'Time'. Does it get any better? I love coming home on Fridays to a new 'Time' in the mailbox. And I seriously read it cover to cover.

12. I HATE fashion magazines. Weird? Yeah, maybe. They are really kind of pointless. If there is nothing to read in a magazine then why bother? Plus they stink. There's usually so many perfume samples in there that the magazine smells like a whore. Sorry, but it's true.

13. I love to play jokes on people. A couple examples: #1 A guy I used to work with irritated me. He was always trying to pass work onto me. I didn't want to do anything really mean or that would make him know I did anything so a girlfriend and I went into work late one night with about 30 rolls of aluminum foil and wrapped his desk, phone, chair, computer, headset, etc in foil. Not joking- everything was wrapped in foil. I even have pictures somewhere to prove it. #2 One year for Christmas I went to a second hand store and found some of the ugliest sweater vests known to man. I bought 3 of them and gave one to my husband and each of his 2 brothers from "Santa". They came complete with an old man smell to them. I love to do little things like that. It's what keeps me going.

Whew. I'm sure some of you think I'm nuts. I may have offended a few people, which I am sorry for - that was not my intention. Hopefully you'll keep coming back to my blog!

No comments: