Thursday, December 4, 2008

I'd exercise more if I wasn't so lazy!

For the second night this week I walked/ran on the treadmill. Tonight I even added 5 pound weights that I carried. I don't know why I put off exercising so much. I always feel amazingly good after I do it. I guess I'm just too lazy to do it most nights and find tons of excuses to get out of it. That is no longer an option. I don't like the way I look, I don't like the way I feel most of the time, and I certainly don't like the way my clothes fit (don't fit is more like it!). I'm not obese, but I am certainly overweight. I know I will probably never get down to the weight I was before I had April and I am fine with that. I would be happy if I lost 15 pounds, if I lost 25 I would be ecstatic. So that my friends is my goal - that would put me at 125 pounds. So if you can do basic math you would now know that I weigh a whopping 150 pounds. While that may not be much for some people, it is if you are only 5'1". So my goal is to lose 20 pounds (we'll say 20 cause that's halfway between my realistic weight and my dream weight) by the end of May. Every week I am going to post my current weight because if I own up to it and have to make it public maybe that will encourage me to continue excercising.

Tomorrow night April has a birthday party to go to for one of her good friends. With any luck Layne and I will be able to do a little Christmas shopping. We have tons of it to do yet.

I finally got a call about my appointment at the University. February 4th is the first appointment they have open. I keep thinking that if my family physician's office would have followed up on the fax they supposedly sent with my medical records on November 12 they could have resent them when they found out they didn't go through and I could have my appointment in January. But I guess for whatever reason this is the way its supposed to be.

Today's tip: Have you ever noticed that when you are looking for a receipt you can never seem to find it? I've been putting my receipts in a clear sandwich size ziploc bag for months now. Some people put them in an envelope, the problem with that is that envelopes can be easily misplaced or lost among a pile of papers. A ziploc bag makes it easy to see the contents. No more opening dozens or envelopes or unzipping several purse pockets looking for a receipt! (It also helps if you put the ziploc bag in the same place all the time!)

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I am right there with you on the exercise part!! I'm trying to lose "5 more" by the end of Dec... I have to lose 2 more to reach that goal. I'm doing mine if 5lb. "goals"... I have a lot to lose, too! I've lost 10 so far (since mid-summer), I know you can lose 20 by May!