Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....

Brrrr. That sums up the weather today in one word. The temperature here right now is -1, feels like -25 with the wind. Gotta love that - well, not really. The worst part is that I haven't gotten groceries yet and we don't have much here in terms of food. Looks like supper is probably coming from a can - unless I can get super creative with what I have on hand. (Praying for a miracle here!) I also have to finish my Christmas shopping. I guess Liz is going to be doing some shopping this week after work!

Friday the school called me at work and said we needed to pick April up from school because she was running a fever. Luckily for me Layne had taken the day off. So he picked her up and brought her home where she slept for 2 hours and then was up playing for the rest of the night. You could tell by the way she looked that she was sick, even the though she said she felt good. Saturday morning she was still sick looking so we decided to take her in to the doctor just to play it safe. Guess what she has? Strep throat. This is the 3rd time since October - at least I think if was October when she had it before.

Today's tip: I don't know about you, but it seems like this time of year we burn candles a lot more than during any other time. Did you know that if you place your candles in the freezer for a few hours prior to burning they will burn longer? And that if you have wax melted inside a candle holder that you want to get out by placing it in the freezer for a couple hours it will come out much easier! (Supposedly it will just fall out if you turn the candle holder upside down. I haven't tried it because I usually buy jar candles so I don't have to mess with the wax in the bottom of the candle holder.) : )

No comments: