Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A lot about nothing

Tonight we had breakfast for supper. French toast and bacon. It was very good. Actually I'm not sure why we don't have that more often. I'm very peculiar about the way I eat French toast. Which I guess I never thought about till tonight, even though I've done it as long as I can remember eating French toast. I always cut it into 9 pieces, 9 squares to be exact. There is always one piece (from the center) that has no crust. I eat all the others and then eat the crustless piece last. It tastes better that way - probably not really, but to me it seems to. Perhaps I'm just a little obsessive/compulsive about it.


Can you believe there are only 9 days until Christmas?!? Tonight we worked on putting together the gift bags for Layne to take to work and pass out. I have the items for the potpourri drying in the dehydrator right now. Tomorrow night I will post pictures of everything.


The weather here has been crazy cold and full of snow. It's getting a bit old to be honest. It's not that I hate winter, cause I actually prefer it over summer, it's just that I'm tired of scraping the windows of my car. And since my car is old it also takes FOREVER to heat up! But it's paid off, so I guess I can put up with the inconveniences for now.


Another financial bonus is that I paid off a credit card! Several years ago I got myself into some credit card trouble. It started innocently enough - as it usually does - then I was put on complete bedrest during my 26th week of pregnancy. That meant no income which meant my bills were being put on a credit card. Not cool. I had every intention of paying it off when I went back to work - but that didn't happen. It never crossed my mind how much daycare, diapers, etc were. Then I lost my job due to an outsourcing, blah, blah, blah. To cut to the chase I ended up with credit card debt and no way to keep up with compounding interest. It was an expensive lesson but it will forever change the way I look at credit cards and spending money! It could have been worse - at least I am able to get it paid off. In less than a year I will have no debt. That will be a terrific feeling!

Remember the tip from the other night? About the candles in the freezer? Well today's tip is also about candles. You see all those pretty candles at the stores full of sparkly glitter and then you see the price tag and find they are almost double the cost of a plain colored candle. You can jazz up those plain colored candles with nothing but a hot towel and some glitter - seriously! Get a towel nice and hot and then wrap it around your candle for 30-60 seconds. This will make the candle pliable. Take the candle out of the towel roll it in some glitter. The candle will cool down in a minute and you will have a beautiful candle! Place in your favorite candle holder and put it on display.

No comments: