Monday, October 19, 2009

On occasion I am wrong.....

I don't know if you guys remember this post or not. I was so upset when I wrote it because of my brother-in-law breaking up with his longtime girlfriend whom I had become good friends with. Not so much because he did it, but because it seems to be a trend and it's emotionally hard to become good friends with his girlfriend and then have it end badly.

Well, I was determined that I wasn't go to become friends with his new girlfriend. I have to be honest, the first couple times I was around her I wasn't real nice. Not that I was mean, I was just well.... tolerant I guess. I wasn't mean, but wasn't friendly. I'm getting to know her a little more through the occasional email and find that I'm thinking more and more that she is someone I could be friends with - more than likely.

So there you have it. I was wrong, I admit. She is a very nice person and I am learning that we have quite a bit in common. I still am friends with his exes and plan on remaining so. I don't discuss her with them, nor will I discuss them with her. Just because that's the way to do it and not have any jealous feelings come up. Or at least keep them to a minimum.

No comments: