Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend

This weekend was amazingly wonderful! It was the first weekend in months that we didn't have anything that we HAD to do. Layne did have to work 1/2 a day on Saturday and April spent the night with his parents on Friday. So Saturday I had an amazing 4 hours to myself!!!! What did I do during that time you ask? I took a long relaxing shower. Then I cleaned the floors, the sinks, dusted, and did about 5,000 loads of laundry. It was a great feeling to make such great progress, & it was all stuff that absolutely needed to be done. April even helped a little when she got home from the grandparents' house. After Layne got home from work we had a light lunch. In the afternoon I ran about 3 miles. Boy did that feel good!

Sunday we went to church. When we got home & were walking up to our house someone that was helping the next door neighbor move looked at me & said "I know you!" I couldn't believe it, it was a guy I went to high school with. Kind of strange, his aunt lived next door to me for probably 5-6 years & we had never ran into each other till now. What a small world.

Yesterday my first "story" was due for my creative writing class. For me the hardest part is coming up with an idea. Now I'm impatient waiting to see how I did. We were supposed to freewrite a very rough draft to submit. I imagine, because of the way our textbook is going, that we will rewrite it for a future assignment.

I stopped tonight to get my hair trimmed. While there, April decided to get her's done too. It started as a trim, but then turned into getting all of her hair cut just above the shoulder, so it's the same length as her bangs. She looks so grown-up & beautiful! Tomorrow is the 2nd time she has tumbling & she won't quit talking about it. She also said she is going to do the dance program at the after-school place she goes. This is all quite a step for someone who has been so shy. I guess she's finally coming out of her shell!

No comments: