Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Time to get back to it!

The past couple weeks have been crazy busy. One of my brothers got married and this past weekend I had my neices while my other brother and his wife helped her grandmother move. Now I know why she is so damn skinny. She probably has no time to eat! The weekend was busy, busy, busy. My neices are 5 years and 9 months. The 5 year old, E, is funny and is always trying to con me out of junk food. The 9 month old, C, is such a good baby. She sleeps all night and very rarely cries. She smiles all the time and just loves to watch what is going on. BUT they kept me on my feet - that's for sure.

E decided that we should probably have soup for supper. Let me just say that it was probably 90 degrees on Saturday! Since I've been trying to lose weight I have virtually no canned or boxed foods in the house. So this meant making soup from whatever I could come up. She thought chicken noodle sounded good. :) Luckily I had 2 cans of chicken broth. First I boiled some whole grain spiral noodles. I drained them and put them in a large saucepan with the cans of broth. I had a carrot in the fridge that I diced up fine and added to the pot. I also added about a cup of diced, precooked chicken that I had in the freezer. Voila! Chicken noodle soup, just for my E!! I served it with some apple wedges. Layne built a fire in the pit out back and they had smores for dessert before bathtime. Everyone was happy. :)

Honestly I felt like a bad aunt all weekend. I was so busy all the time that I never really got to enjoy either of my neices. April and E would fight all morning because April didn't want to share and E just wanted to be with April and to play with her hair. :) Of course I discovered Sunday around 11 that once I found a project/craft for them to work on they got along fantastic. (Note to self and my brother and sister-in-law: Organize some crafty things for the girls to do when they start getting grouchy. It works like a charm and the fighting miraculously quits.)

Anyway, this weekend I ate a sandwich, a yogurt, half of E's apple, and a bowl of soup. Seriously, that's it. And I lost another 2 pounds. So I'm now at 124.4. Less than 5 pounds to go to get where the doc wants me. I'd say about 8-14 to get to where I'd REALLY LIKE TO BE!!!

1 comment:

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Hi Liz - to answer your question about the tomatoes I dried in the oven....

I wouldn't say these particular tomatoes were stable for long term storage... better used right away in a salad, or for soup. I'm supposed to be getting more tomatoes today, and I'll try drying them at a lower temp for several hours. I'll let you know how they turn out.

take care
ButterYum