Friday, October 3, 2008

What is THAT???


Tonight we had the most delightful supper. Okay that is a bit of an exaggeration, a HUGE exaggeration. We couldn't agree on what to have, I was going to thaw out some steaks but we were out of gas for the grill - and we don't really care for steaks that are pan fried. Layne suggested chili-mac for supper. I decided I'd try it, until he explained that it was plain noodles with a can of chili - gag. I told Layne that I'd make the noodles and he could have chili on his but that I was going to have some sun-dried pesto on my noodles. Yeah, not so good. I choked some of it down but the whole time was picturing the dog barf I cleaned up earlier when I got home from work. It just wasn't working for me. So I have to admit that I threw it away. I guess I'm just going to have to eat a bowl of cereal or the remainder of the German chocolate cake from my stepdad's birthday.
You are probably wondering what the picture above is. Well, its a stalk of corn that is popping up in our yard. We have these little corn stalks popping up all over the place. Then we figured out where they were coming. We feed some squirrels that have made a home in our back yard. Yep, you guessed it. The corn is coming from the squirrels pooping in our yard. How funny is that! I started out taking a picture of the yard so you could see just how many are sprouting up, but then noticed all the weeds and thought a close-up would be best to post!
The tip for today is somewhat derived from the tip regarding recipes yesterday. When I make a new recipe I ALWAYS write comments next to the recipe after we try it. That way I can avoid repeating a meal that wasn't that good. I also write little notes with other suggested ingredients to change it up a little bit. If a certain person really loved it I may write their name also so I can make it again when they will be over. Its a simple tip, I know, but it has saved me times when I'm looking for a specific recipe and the cookbook I know it is in have several variations of the same thing.

No comments: