Monday, October 13, 2008

A Quick Supper & Some Gas


A couple weekends ago I made a menu plan - well kind of. I wrote down several meals to make but didn't really assign them specific dates. Tonight I didn't have anything laid out for supper and really nothing sounded good to me. I knew it would be worthless to call Layne at work because he would say "I don't care, I could just eat bologna". I decided to cut up a couple chicken breasts and fry them in a bit of oil & some oyster sauce. When the chicken was almost cooked I added some thinly sliced onion, diced green pepper, and a handful of broccoli. I had some cooked rice that I threw in. I made a hole in the middle and cracked a couple eggs into it. I poured in some soy sauce and tossed everything. It was actually pretty darn good and we have enough left over for our lunches tomorrow. Gotta love that! (I know, the pictures doesn't look that great. Maybe I should take a photography class.)
I am still on my slow quest to get rid of "things". I got rid of 2 boxes of stuff this weekend and some other misc stuff on freecycle. It's been a slow process but I guess better slow than not at all, right. I should make a goal of a couple boxes of stuff a week minimum. After a year or two I should be in good shape then!
Okay, I have to tell you all something and I hope your not offended or grossed out. My husband and I have been together (including our time dating) for over 12 years. Tonight for the first time ever I heard a fart come from him. Now you may think this is a little thing - and yes, it probably is. But you have no idea how happy this made me. You see, now I can tease him about this. It's very hard to find things to tease him about because he's so..... well, let's just say he doesn't have many faults. So this little thing that every human does, he now does also! Yeehaw! My husband the farter!! Okay, I'll quit now.
Today's tip: Do you have a room or closet that needs a door but you don't want to spend the money right now? Instead of a door put up a curtain on a tension rod across the top of the door. It works wonderful and you can change the curtain with the seasons if you wish. We have an old house and our daughter's room has a sliding door that is very hard to slide. Of course we don't shut it because we don't want April to get stuck in there (for safety reasons and because she's cryer). Her room has a nice long pink curtain for a door. I originally bought it because our living room is directly outside of her room and if we wanted to watch TV it would obviously keep her awake. So I purchased a curtain that was thick enough that it would keep out a good portion of the light so she could fall asleep. There you have it, my amazing idea for today!

No comments: