Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend before Surgery...

I had such a great weekend. I had a lot of things I wanted to get done before I have my hysterectomy on Friday. The house was the big priority. I am ashamed to admit this, but several years ago I quit caring. I didn't care about taking care of myself or my home. My daughter was the priority, heck everything but me and the house were a priority.

Since I began exercising and actually taking time for myself I have noticed my attitude about other things change too. For years I've been embarassed by how cluttered my home is. But I guess I didn't care enough to do anything about it. I know that sounds terrible. I've been doing a little more around the house. Finally I just couldn't take it anymore. I decided that if I don't enjoy being here because I am overwhelmed by all that needs to be done & if I am embarassed to have anyone drop by then it's probably time to do something about it.

I was a CLEANING MACHINE this weekend. I'm not completely done, but what I have done has made an enormous change in me and given me hope of getting things on track. My floors and base boards have scrubbed - I mean SCRUBBED - by hand even to make sure I got everything! My showers, tubs, sinks, & toilets have been sanitized. The carpet in our bedroom cleaned. Laundry done, no dirty dishes, countertops wiped down. Wow. I am really starting to feel so much better about it and not so overwhelmed. I threw away bags of stuff - some things probably should have been taken to the Goodwill or something, but I NEEDED to get rid of them and didn't want them sitting around waiting for the trip to the Goodwill.

I'm hoping to do more each night until Friday and plan on staying on top of the laundry too. It will be nice to be able to face this coming weekend knowing things are taken care of & I won't have to do anything but rest! : )

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I just washed the kitchen floor for the first time in a couple months - it was in desperate need! Having things clean (even if it's just 1 small area out of all the other clutter) somehow makes me feel better, too, and more like keeping it that way and working at getting more space cleaned, too :) I hope you get lots done this week like you want to, and that things go well on Friday! Take care of YOU! :)